Sunday, May 23, 2010

LOST--KEYS FROM SEASON FIVE

*Richard gives Locke a compass. This was one of the items Richard placed in front of Locke when Locke was a little boy—testing him to see if Locke knew which item belonged to him. The boy Locke failed the test.
*Our heroes are jumping around back and forth through time. Kurt Vonnegut’s name has appeared more than once in the show. He wrote a book called Slaughterhouse Five, in which the main character becomes “unstuck” in time.
*Daniel says, "Time is like a street. We can move forward on the street. We can move in reverse. But we cannot ever create a new street. If we try to do anything different, we will fail. Every time. What happened, happened."
*Widmore says to Daniel, “ the real Oceanic Flight 815 is on an island, a special island, with unique scientific properties. I want to send you to the island. It will further your research, show you things you'd never dream of, and more importantly, it will heal you, Daniel, your mind, your memory."
*Daniel says, “I've studied relativistic physics my entire life. One thing emerged over and over. Can't change the past, can't do it. Whatever happened, happened. But then, I finally realized, I've been spending so much time on the constants that I forgot about the variables…We're the variables. People. We think, we reason, we make choices. We have free will. We can change our destiny. I think I can negate that energy under the Swan. I think I can destroy it. If I can, then that hatch will never be built and your plane will land just like it's supposed to in Los Angeles."
*The Man in Black says to Jacob, “You brought them here. Still trying to prove me wrong, aren't you?" Then he adds, “They come, fight, they destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same." Jacob responds with, "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

No comments: